Saturday, May 16, 2009

Deep Surrender


"True strength lies not in the ability to persist, but to surrender."

Destiny. Heart's Desire. The Courage to Love. This is a time to surrender; surrender the ego, the things we think we want and need. Our souls are calling out, crying out to return home to the Beloved, to the pervasive Oneness that we ultimately cannot avoid.

Sure, we get to choose, but the deepest choice is to align with God, and this is where Love lies. The opening of the heart. Allowing the heartbreak, knowing that it will take us home. What does guidance tell you? What are you being shown?

I have been resisting my guidance. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't fit. "But what about what I (big capital I) want," my ego mind asks?

Well, sometimes the picture looks a bit different, at least on the surface. It differs from what God has in store for us. But isn't that the edge - trusting God more than we trust ourselves?

Deep down, I know. You know. Just listen. Because in the big picture, it IS what you truly want. Let it break you open. Fuck the "I deserves" and the "I'm worth its." Live deeper than that. Play a bigger game.

All it takes is to listen.

And trust.

And open.

No comments: