Sunday, June 15, 2008

Prison Break

I am feeling free
The freedom of love's joy
Permeating the cells of my being

Yes, I am scared
Each step takes me to a new place
That I do not yet know
My mind thinks I'll be alone
But my soul knows better
Should I remember to listen

Let go
Surrender
No need to hold on
To anyone or anything

Feel the freedom
Of unbound, unattached love
It is here
Right here
Right now
For the feasting

No one can save me
For the Divine dwells close
And I only need
To let it out
And let it in

No need to contain
Restrain
Restrict
This pulsing heart
That yearns to love

I have tried though
Lord, have I tried
It is a fool's game
A booby prize
A false sense of security
In a world without bars

All along, I've been standing in the garden
Fruits laid out before me
Adam and Eve had it goin' on
They knew what to do

Get down, get naked
Take a bite
And let the juices flow

No comments: