Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Heeding the Call

Sexuality. Spirituality. Intimacy. Three areas that are often separated, divided, compartmentalized, and denied in our culture, yet are inherently fused: One presence. One source. One energy. A place where few choose to visit, inhabit, and embody.

Picking up the thread to one automatically takes one into the labyrinth of the sacred erotic, the realm where fucking open to God or being fucked by God are one and the same; both require intimacy, a full surrender and baring of one's soul to being swept and taken away, dissolved into the oneness where there is no separation, only total union.

Each is a mirror and a gateway. As I choose to explore and embrace my sexuality, I begin to see how it is simply a reflection of how intimate I'm willing to be. The places where I feel resistant or closed in sex often mirror ways where I'm closed to intimacy (sexual impotence is rarely only limited to sex). In my spirituality, I notice where sexuality is taking me deeper into union, and where it serves as a distraction. I feel it in my body. How present I am with it shows me how intimate I'm truly willing to be. On my spiritual path, I notice where I am alive, body erect, soul orgasming as a sign of my divine connection, and where I am flaccid, frigid, tight. And so on, one unfolding into the other, no separation.

It is through exploring these threads, in breathing, feeling, making love to them, moment to moment, that my passion and purpose live. I am aware of the ways in which I've held this back, afraid to fully hear and step into my soul's calling.

Yet, after working with a client this evening, this fear is not present; instead, tonight, the call is coming alive: I am reminded of who I am and why I'm here: to awaken, activate, celebrate, and play in this divine fusion of the mystical, the erotic, and the intimate. To presence these energies in the body. To heal the split between the masculine and the feminine. To reclaim sex as sacred, as a path to God, and move beyond the shame, suppression, and all the other bullshit overlaid on the very act that brought us into this world. To serve and honor the Goddess, and to reclaim the God. This is vital work, and there is so much to be done.

It is time.

I am ready.

Yes.

No comments: