Sunday, February 17, 2008

Becoming

Beloved, I miss you
Your hands on my skin
The warmth of your body pressed against mine
The taste of your lips

I miss your merciless adoration
Kinds words spoken against soft pillows as the hours grow late
Adventurous play without inhibition
Passionate desire
Radiant fire
Beside me
Inside me
Inside you

In this internal sacred marriage that is becoming embodied
I am loving myself, so that I may receive the full force of your love
Praising myself, so that I do not require it from you
Caring for myself, so that you can care for yourself
Respecting myself, so that you can respect me

I am learning to say no
So that you may say yes
Trusting myself
So that you may trust me
Seeing myself
So that I may see you
Finding my strength
So that I do not fear nor demand yours

I am preparing this temple, Beloved
Temple of David
So that you may come home
Return to my arms
To my eyes
To my heart
Offer our gifts
Make love as God and Goddess
And give birth to Love

The Sacred Union of the self
Must precede that with other
I know this
I feel this
I am this
But still I miss you
Even as the love grows inside me
Making me whole
Making me a man
I miss you
Two whole pieces of the puzzle
Awaiting their fit

Soon, our whole selves will come together
In this blissful union
For right now, I am coming together
In this blissful union
Present
Awake
Alive
In body
In love

Neither advancing nor retreating
Present with the fear
Holding myself in love
Marrying myself
Becoming the One

Becoming the One
I have sought
Becoming the One
You have sought
Becoming the One
God has sought
Becoming the One
Becoming One
Becoming

No comments: