Friday, February 29, 2008

Prayer

God
Show me the way

I stand before you naked
Afraid
Longing
Filled with blocked desire
Lukewarm love
Guarded heart
Rigid mind

Open my heart, God
All the way open
No protection
No control
Full surrender
To your will
To my desire
To love

Infuse me with desire
So that it will never wash out
Or fade away
Drench me with it
Pour it on
So that I may never forget
Who I am
Why I am here

Show me the way
I will follow your lead
I ask for your help
For your direction
Make me your instrument
And I will sing

Open my heart to receive
All I have asked for
Open my soul
To receive my truth
And give me the courage
To follow it

I am yours, God
I will fight no longer
I don't know the way
I don't know how to do this
And I'm tired of trying
To figure it out
To force it
To control it
I don't know

Tell me the way
I am listening

Bring me home
To the joy that once flowed through me
To the passion
To the aliveness
To the bliss
To the ease
To the love
To the desire
Unobstructed
Unrestrained
With wild abandon

I have been asking
But not receiving
I have been forcing
But not allowing
Thinking that it is up to me to make it manifest
And now
I surrender it all to you
Help me say yes
To why I came
Help me say yes
To what you have promised
Help me say yes
To what I have promised
Uninhibited desire
Fierce, fearless love
Open heart
Relaxed mind


I am ready
Take me
Take me open

I am yours
I am awake
I am present
I am listening
I am ready
I am

Amen

No comments: